Our April 2017 Member of the Month is Alysia Little!
Alysia is a Senior at MSU studying Elementary Education. Her favorite KDP event was walking in the Homecoming Parade to represent future teachers and KDP.
When asked what she has gained from being a member of KDP, Alysia said, “The two biggest things that I have gained from being a part of KDP is the fundamental things about teaching that is not taught within our TE courses and the friendships that I have built. Teaching is such a collaborative career so having these friendships and people to bounce ideas off of it just awesome. I will really miss KDP and everything that it offers when I graduate next month!”.
Thank you for all that you do, Alysia, and congratulations on graduating!
On April 19, we will be having our last fundraiser of the year at Panda Express from 11am to 7pm in the International Center Food Court!
If you attend the fundraiser, you will receive 1 Fundraising Point by sending proof of your attendance (bill) to our Vice President of Fundraising, Shannon Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you attend the fundraiser AND post on social media about it (again, send a picture of your post to Shannon), you will receive the fundraising point already mentioned, plus 1 Promotional Point. You will ONLY receive the promotional point if you also attend the fundraiser!!!
If you pass out flyers for the event between 11am and 2pm, you will receive 1 Wildcard Point that will go toward a category of your choice!
Remember to show the flyer below when you go so that part of your bill goes back to KDP!
The following are important dates/point opportunities for the remainder of the semester. Please utilize the sign up sheets in the linked text:
- April 12: KDP Decals for sale to earn a Wildcard Point
- April 17: Homework Help Room from 5pm to 7pm at the East Lansing Public Library (1 Service Point)
- April 19: Panda Express Fundraiser from 11am to 7pm in the International Center Food Court (1 Fundraising Point for attending; 1 Promotional point ONLY if you both attend AND post about the event on social media; 1 Wildcard Point for passing out flyers between 11am and 2pm). Make sure to show the flyer in order for part of the bill to go to KDP!
- April 23: Regular Write-ups and Mentor-Mentee Write ups are due at noon!!!
- April 23: Final General Meeting at 5pm in 252 Ericsson; recognition of achievements and e-board elections (1 General Meeting Point)